Why Is AA Taking God Out of the Program?
I learned about the higher power many years ago in AA when it still had an emphasis on that. Now, at some meetings, I find books and literature have been re-written to remove "monotheistic" references to God because it offends people. I wonder if this is why there is such a high rate of addictions now. If you take God out of the program, and substitute it with your own trendy politics you offer nothing to the sick, suffering, and dyeing. I'm sorry to see this state of affairs. I'm grieved by it.
Welcome to the progressive utopia of "everything is offensive" and "everyone is a victim," except those who disagree, of course. They can go to hell. It's okay to offend and victimize them. Welcome to the childish, deranged, idiotic world where words have now become acts of violence and college snowflakes are actually taught that "micro-aggressions" exist and they should not say anything to anybody lest someone might be offended. Welcome to the world where it is only okay to think ONE WAY, their way, and if you don't, you are a fascist bigot. Welcome to the world where an NYU professor critical of political correctness was just removed and charged as mentally ill and satanic by the dean and a campus "inclusion" group that promotes tolerance for not thinking the right way, for the "structure" of his thinking. Oh the irony. Tolerance? Progressives are perhaps the most intolerant people in the entire world. Beware the denial of moral absolutes and God in place of moral relativity and other degenerate ideologies.
We live in a twilight zone where if one person is offended by anything, their personal comfort or "rights" trump those of millions. The supposed comfort of one trumps that of millions who may be uncomfortable, let alone violated, with the change. Under such an absurd and insane standard, the implication is that anybody who finds ANYTHING offensive now has the precedent and the right to have it removed. Sorry but these social justice warriors are complete lunatics, incessantly whining and complaining and imagining things that don't exist. They are miserable and hate everything. They live to find a problem with everything, cry about their feelings and confuse them with facts. I mean, do these people ever work? Even here in New England, Tom Brady was just scoured by the liberal media for kissing his son on the lips. My God, they are so conflicted, defending actual abuse and deviance while ripping Brady apart, simply because he doesn't subscribe to their ridiculous ideology. Accusations of inappropriate sexual conduct with Tom Brady's child can only come from a sick mind that is itself capable of fantasizing and abusing children sexually. And did you hear? Now Yoga is apparently racist, too. If they want people to listen, perhaps they should stop embodying and epitomizing the very things they say they hate.
The removal of God from AA parallels the secular, cultural Marxism we have seen infecting and poisoning our society. Progressives are hell bent on removing God and all references to God from everything. Our children are being punished for praying or reading the Bible in school and are instead being taught about sex acts, gender fluidity, how farting and grilling burgers is causing Armageddon and how privileged they may or may not be. God has been removed from schools, colleges, businesses, search engines and any other institution you can think of. Good, kind, honest hard-working people who love God and Christ are being smeared and attacked at all angles. They are branded evil as actual evil is defended and promoted. Monuments of the Ten Commandment et al are being destroyed. Popular culture is now rife with all manner of Godlessness. Our culture and our children are being infected by a hatred for God and a love for selfishness, confusion and chaos. The ideas of family, marriage and having children are being attacked, let alone free speech, free thought and free markets. I recently read a story about how some children are now being given puberty blockers by insane parents seeking to change their gender identity - a form of child abuse to say the least.
When putting a Christmas tree on a coffee cup is offensive, yet you are a bigot if you are justifiably critical of Islamic terrorism, we have a problem. But the crowd who is oh so offended and appalled and emotionally hurt by Christmas trees are the supposed party of women and gay rights yet go to the ends of the Earth to defend a doctrine that has a frighteningly deplorable record of the treatment of homosexuals and women, including the supposed "moderate" practice of female genital mutilation and other forms of physical abuse. They are obsessed with branding anyone who doesn't think exactly the way they do, anyone who is conservative, libertarian or loves freedom as a racist, as if that has anything to do with personal prejudice whatsoever. They are always asserting that any policy that runs contrary to their own must be evil and will kill children etc. yet are proud to promote and defend the killing of their unborn children. They defend Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, who was not only a true racist but delivered quotes that could come from the mouth of Satan himself...
1. "But for my view, I believe that there should be no more babies."
-- Interview with John Parsons, 1947
2. "The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
-- Woman and the New Race, Chapter 5, "The Wickedness of Creating Large Families." (1920) http://www.bartleby.com/1013/
3. "We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population..."
-- Letter to Dr. Clarence J. Gamble, December 10, 1939, p. 2
4. “I accepted an invitation to talk to the women's branch of the Ku Klux Klan... I was escorted to the platform, was introduced, and began to speak...In the end, through simple illustrations I believed I had accomplished my purpose. A dozen invitations to speak to similar groups were proffered.”
-- Margaret Sanger, An Autobiography, published in 1938, p. 366
5. “I think the greatest sin in the world is bringing children into the world, that have disease from their parents, that have no chance in the world to be a human being practically... Delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of things just marked when they’re born. That to me is the greatest sin—that people can—can commit.”
-- Interview with journalist Mike Wallace, 1957
6. “The most serious evil of our times is that of encouraging the bringing into the world of large families. The most immoral practice of the day is breeding too many children..."
-- Sanger, Margaret. Woman and the New Race (1920). Chapter 5: The Wickedness of Creating Large Families. http://www.bartleby.com/1013/5...
7. “Eugenics without birth control seems to us a house builded [sic] upon the sands. It is at the mercy of the rising stream of the unfit.”
-- Sanger, Margaret. (1919) Birth Control and Racial Betterment. The Birth Control Review.
8. “As an advocate of birth control, I wish to take advantage of the present opportunity to point out that the unbalance between the birth rate of the ‘unfit’ and the ‘fit,’ admittedly the greatest present menace to civilization, can never be rectified by the inauguration of a cradle competition between these two classes.”
-- Sanger, Margaret. (1921) The Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda. The Birth Control Review, p. 5. http://birthcontrolreview.net/...
9. “The most urgent problem today is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective.”
-- Sanger, Margaret. (1921) The Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda, Birth Control Review, p. 5
10. "No more children should be born when the parents, though healthy themselves, find that their children are physically or mentally defective.”
-- Sanger, Margaret. (1918) When Should A Woman Avoid Having Children? Birth Control Review, Nov. 1918, 6-7, Margaret Sanger Microfilm, S70:807.
11. “A marriage license shall in itself give husband and wife only the right to a common household and not the right to parenthood."
-- Margaret Sanger, "America Needs a Code for Babies," Article 3, 27 Mar 1934.
12. "No woman shall have the legal right to bear a child, and no man shall have the right to become a father, without a permit for parenthood."
-- Margaret Sanger, "America Needs a Code for Babies," Article 4, March 27, 1934.
13. "Permits for parenthood shall be issued upon application by city, county, or state authorities to married couples, providing they are financially able to support the expected child, have the qualifications needed for proper rearing of the child, have no transmissible diseases, and, on the woman’s part, no medical indication that maternity is likely to result in death or permanent injury to health."
-- Margaret Sanger, "America Needs a Code for Babies," Article 5, March 27, 1934.
14. "No permit for parenthood shall be valid for more than one birth..."
-- Margaret Sanger, "America Needs a Code for Babies," Article 6, March 27, 1934.
15. "Apply a stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is tainted, or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring."
-- Sanger, Margaret. “My Way to Peace,” Jan. 17, 1932. Margaret Sanger Papers, Library of Congress 130:198. https://www.nyu.edu/projects/s...
16. "... these two words [birth control] sum up our whole philosophy... It means the release and cultivation of the better elements in our society, and the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extinction, of defective stocks -- those human weeds which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization."
-- Margaret Sanger, "High Lights in the History of Birth Control," Oct 1923.
17. "Organized charity itself is the symptom of a malignant social disease..."
-- Sanger, Margaret (1922). The Pivot of Civilization.
18. "My own position is that the Catholic doctrine is illogical, not in accord with science, and definitely against social welfare and race improvement."
-- Margaret Sanger, "The Pope's Position on Birth Control," Jan. 27, 1932.
19. “All of our problems are the result of overbreeding among the working class... Knowledge of birth control is essentially moral. Its general, though prudent, practice must lead to a higher individuality and ultimately to a cleaner race.”
-- Margaret Sanger, "Morality and Birth Control," Feb-Mar 1918.
20. “Feeble-mindedness perpetuates itself from the ranks of those who are blandly indifferent to their racial responsibilities. And it is largely this type of humanity we are now drawing upon to populate our world for the generations to come. In this orgy of multiplying and replenishing the earth, this type is pari passu multiplying and perpetuating those direst evils in which we must, if civilization is to survive, extirpate by the very roots.”
-- Margaret Sanger, The Pivot of Civilization, 1922
21. “Birth control itself, often denounced as a violation of natural law, is nothing more or less than the facilitation of the process of weeding out the unfit, of preventing the birth of defectives or of those who will become defectives… If we are to make racial progress, this development of womanhood must precede motherhood in every individual woman.” -- “Woman and the New Race,” 1920
So it comes as no surprise that God is being removed from AA and that recovery rates are plunging. If you remove the spiritual teeth of the program, you are going to remove recovery as well. Yes, it is a truly sad and tragic state of affairs. Beautifully put. Thank you.