Sunday, February 7, 2016

Taking a Break

James 1:26 - If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain. 

Matthew 6:1 - Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.  
 
 *

     Taking a little break to work on myself a bit. I may even start a local Step meeting, if you can fathom. People like me need to step back from time to time and check ourselves. I personally need to make a greater effort to pray and meditate more, nourish myself and my family, and oh yeah, have some fun. Hypocrisy is one of the worst of sins.

     If you value this writing and message, please help spread the word to others about the blog and the books. The Privileged Addict memoir is my own story intertwined with the education I received up North, as well as the specific process I undertook to recover and induce a mind-altering spiritual experience. Anybody Can Take Steps attempts to universalize the Twelve Step process and extract the various tools and actions contained within it for practical application. The Privileged Addict Quotes is a collection of some of the best quotes and passages from writing and blogging about addiction for the last several years. I will publish new editions as enough new quotes become available. Finally, for everybody who just wants free stuff, there are 500+ blog posts which can be read and that will probably crack (or at least confirm what you intuitively feel in your gut) your perception of addiction and recovery wide open.

     May God comfort you all and help the many addicts and families who still suffer find their way back to Him.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for what you do. Best to you an your family. Return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog and your view on recovery, and I often share it with other people. May God's will be done in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks so much for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Hi Charlie.

    So, my first thought on reading this particular post was, "NOOO000ooo!" And my second thought (this is about it goes, too, first impulse selfish, 2nd unselfish) almost immediately thereafter was, "Smart man. Good for you."

    Been meaning to write/comment briefly a few times and say thanks for the redirect some time back to the blog you did on excuses. I started a new job, and my head has been rather stuck-in here getting used to it (ha, just realised that sounds awfully close to one, even tho it is meant to be an explanation....is there a difference?...will have to see what Webster says about that), but I see I'd better get on the stick before you head on to a new chapter, and I don't have the chance. I "totes" read it. Good stuff. Thank you.

    The other thing is, I've thought about this and I would like to send you $50, $100 or so for whatever you want to use it for.....coffee, tea and snacks for a fledgling 12 step group, blog expenses, a quarter of a new kayak, a McMuffin....I don't care, whatever you want. I don't make tons currently, but enough and a little more. I'm doing catch up, as my beloved pretty much cleaned me out before I got wise to "not handing over every penny you have to an addict just because you love them and they asked" (duh). ;) Am setting aside some again for God's business/work, and I highly suspect that is Whose (Who's?) business you are now about. This giving of your time, energy and skill to illuminate steps on the good path for addicts and non-addicts alike....for searching souls...yep, sounds like it. By speaking the truth boldly and with humor, you have helped shed light on this soul sickness, and brought an odd sort of comfort to those of us seeking answers that only the truth can bring. And when understanding is tempered with mercy, then healing can come.

    You don't need to publish the money part of this. I don't know what's kosher there, but I would like a means to send you some, via PayPal, a check, whatever is convenient if you will accept it. As I said, it's a tiny sum, but I really hope you will do so graciously.

    Enjoy with gusto whatever it is you're going to do.

    God's peace.

    Gretchen



    I started a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gretchen, thank you for this. Sent you an email on the email address you left.

      Delete