Friday, December 20, 2013

Methadone

     Not only is methadone not a solution, or even a remedy, but it actively makes us worse and progresses our illness physically, mentally and spiritually. There is no place for methadone or any other such filth in addiction treatment.

     Why?

     1) When I stop taking methadone, I am no better at all. I am nowhere. I still suffer from the mental obsession, and thus it is only a matter of time before I relapse. Furthermore, our illness is progressive, so the time we have wasted on methadone has only ensured a worse relapse if and when we taper off.

     2) Taking methadone is simply taking another form of heroin. It is a synthetic opiate. Sure I may not be calling Pablo for a while and I'm back home with mommy and daddy, but I'm still jammed out of my mind, still deranged and warped beyond comprehension, still contributing nothing and still the same zombie as I was before I went on the methadone. I am still an untreated addict who hurts those who love me by doing absolutely nothing with my life.
     We can only truly heal, give back and be the people we were supposed to be if we are entirely sober and have undergone a psychic change. Only then may we consistently live by spiritual principles and embrace the humility that comes with understanding that God is, and that we are only okay if we align with His will.

    3) Methadone enables cowardice. By succumbing to easier, softer ways, I have decided that I don't have the guts or the balls or the personality or the soul to push myself, to walk through my pain, to do everything it takes to expel the poison within and then run straight into my fear and take so much action that change is inevitable. We are what we do, say and think. If we eat methadone wafers everyday, then we have done nothing and we have given back nothing, which is mind-blowing considering all that we have taken. That's not an option. Reversing course and giving back to those we have stolen from over the years means that we run, not walk in the other direction. If we acted selfishly and wrongly, then we instead act selflessly and rightly. We have to become the opposite of what we were.

     4) By taking methadone I am actively feeding off the public trough, taking from others who work and take care of themselves and don't become heroin addicts - the people who fund methadone clinics. And for what? So we can continue to use and take methadone? What sort of social service is that? What a waste of money and a social travesty. In fact, people should stop paying taxes until all methadone clinics are no longer publicly funded.
   
     5) All you need to know about methadone is that you get it from the pharmaceutical elite and the government. Anything from either institution is designed not to serve you, but to cripple you and rob you of everything you have inside and out.

God, please help the powers that be to stop crippling addicts and embrace You...

No comments:

Post a Comment