Monday, August 5, 2013

Kid a) Hat On Sideways...

...And pants hanging a foot below his ass, as he waddles across the street as slow as humanly possible.

     Before I try to relieve myself of the nausea, allow me to briefly elaborate on the anxiety our children now have to make sure they look "thug" enough. This is 'prison fashion', or 'thug fashion', where you have, for all intents and purposes, a child aspiring to look incarcerated. In prison they don't give you a belt, so the prison johns or scrubs start drooping down below your ass. This is what our children want to look like. These are our future leaders - wannabe thugs who will inherit a broken, insolvent government. Yikes. Maybe it's time I look into a second passport.

     See, this is why we need to write inventory. At any rate...

3rd Column
Affects my: Pride/Ambition

4th Column
*Self-Seeking: I am (want to be seen as) cool... the real cool.

*Selfish: I want Kid to know what an idiot he is to satisfy my pride and ego.

*Dishonest: (The truth is) Kid reminds me of how self-seeking I used to be and still am, a part of myself that I loathe.

*Fear: I'm afraid to love Kid, to love others.

My Creator, I am now willing that You should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that You now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to You and my fellows. Grant me strength, as I go out from here, to do Your bidding. Amen.
-Alcoholics Anonymous, P.76

No comments:

Post a Comment