Monday, July 1, 2013

Dear Reader...


Dear Reader,

     So... the purpose of this blog was to offer everything I know about the heart, mind and soul of an addict, about alcoholism and addiction 101, about recovery, action and growth, about flimsy remedies vs spiritual solutions, and most importantly, about the original Twelve Step process and the universal spiritual/moral principles contained within.

     Given the rapidly growing and ever-deepening spiritual void in this country, I believe it is of vital importance to cultivate and nourish a moral compass, especially given the frightening level of filth that has infected our culture, the fraud that has infected our banking industry, and the sociopaths and lunatics that have infected our government. 

     Not to mention the fact that our children will become debt serfs, as we sit back and watch their future standard of living robbed with impunity. Our collective selfishness, irresponsibility and profligacy should be considered child abuse. Needless to say, there is no such thing as free, despite popular delusion. 

     But hey, all that said, I will still post when I can, but will be moving on to other projects at this point. The truth is I don't have much more to say on the subject of addiction, and the point of this blog was never to provide a forum for my own self-indulgence and self-importance, neither of which I believe in anymore. Getting rid of self should be the #1 priority of us addicts and alcoholics. It is Self that will bring us down, as Self is what pushes us away from God.

     I will, however, remain to pray with each and every one of you who has found any usefulness or solace whatsoever in this forum. I recommend that new readers go back and read older entries, as they cover a wide swath of relevant issues. I will remain to pray for all of you who have reached out and shared so graciously and honestly. I will always be here and I will always have you in my heart.

    I know that if we do everything in our power to align with God, if we shatter any and all walls between us and Him, if we seek deeper honesty and love, then we will live meaningful lives and we will change the world. The world most certainly needs us.

God, take my will and make it Your own. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Charlie for your contribution. You have created a great reference for many of our loved ones. I hope they take advantage of your message of hope and redemption.

    ReplyDelete